Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with a reputable, outstanding, modern manufacturing company based in Burnley. They were recently voted employer of the year and invest extensive training and progression to everyone who works within the business.
They are looking for a candidate to cover 12 month maternity on a fixed term contract. There may be a position available after that period but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Be the 1st line of contact for customers for product availability, pricing and order queries.
- Accurately process customer orders using SAP to enable them to source the products they need, in order to meet their own fabrication and customer requirements.
- Support flexibility in areas such as order additions, overnight requests, collection requests, returns and miscellaneous orders
- Work with the “made to order” system to ensure specials are professionally handled from a price and availability perspective.
- Work across the business to help resolve any queries or secure outcomes which protect our OTIF performance for our customers.
- Proactively contact customers to provide advanced warning of delivery shortages, providing them with clarity on the new delivery date, and ensuring they can plan accordingly.
- Promote and support use of the online ordering system by customers in order to reduce manual order processing, freeing up time to provide customers with other services and support.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Manager from time to time.
- Handle all customer queries and process customer orders.
- Use excel spreadsheet to process customer consignment stocks (predictive orders)
- Deal with internal queries as and when they arise, ensuring speedy response.
- Deal with requests for proof of delivery, liaising with transport department as and when necessary.
- Electronically file customer orders on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Raise credit memos as and when required.
- Assist with general team duties.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the business.
- Actively contribute to the positive spirit within the team.
- Promote and implement relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Maintain a flexible and enthusiastic approach to Company matters, upholding the company Values at all times.
- Liaise with colleagues on day to day duties and issues.
Maintain all Health, Safety and environmental standards within the workplace and adhere to all Company working practices.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable working with numbers with a focus on accuracy.
- Able to understand the product being sold to support customer queries.
- IT literate in areas such as SAP and Microsoft packages.
- Able to provide solutions to challenges in the interests of the customer/business.
- Warm and positive outlook, capable of producing a “smile” through all methods of communication.
- Passionate about customers, recognising them as vital to our future success.
- A team player, putting needs of team ahead of own needs.
Focused on improvement, constructively providing ideas on how to improve all aspects of the work.
Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 5:00