A dynamic and varied role, working for a leading and ambitious Yorkshire based company, you will be responsible for ensuring all debts are collected in a timely manner and that all accounts are closely managed in accordance with our financial controls.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and working closely with the Managing Director, the role focusses on the overall control and administration of our sales ledger accounts.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
OUTSTANDING DEBT MANAGEMENT
- Reviewing aged debt ledger and preparing weekly plan for collection calls
- Making collection calls
- Placing accounts on stop as required as directed by MD
- Preparing collection cases to pass to collection agency (Top Service).
BAD DEBT MANAGEMENT
- Preparing bad debt claims for credit insurers
- End-to-end management of bad debt claims.
- Providing first pint of contact for customer queries
- End-to-end management of invoice queries
CREDIT LIMIT MANAGEMENT
- Process new account applications
- Account credit limit assessments
- Credit limit reviews
- Own Insurance Reviews
- Customer Details reviews.
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
- Answer staff queries
- Prepare weekly reporting for directors
- Prepare monthly reports for invoice discounting
- Attend meetings with Senior Management.
MENTORING AND COACHING
- Support, guide and develop the Sales Ledger Assistant
SALES LEDGER TRANSACTIONS
- Process and allocate account customer payments
- Other morning banking processes
- Review sales ledger for unallocated payments etc.
FINANCIAL CONTROLS AND PROCESSES
- Support FD in development and improvement of financial processes and systems
Oversee company financial paper & electronic filing system.