Our client based in Keighley is looking to recruit a Chauffeur / Bearer on a permanent basis.
This role would suit those that can offer flexibility with their hours and lives within the local area.
What you’ll do:
- Partake in an ‘On Call’ rota, collecting the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
- Form part of the funeral service – bearing coffins and driving funeral vehicles in a dignified professional manner
- Prepare coffins and engrave name plates according to clients’ needs
- Prepare the deceased for both viewings and the funeral
- Maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities, including our ceremonial vehicles
What you’ll need:
- A genuine passion to help people at a difficult time of their lives
- A professional and caring approach to client/customer service
- The ability to take instructions and follow them, with high attention to detail
- The ability to perform physical aspects of the role (manual lifting)
- A full UK driving license and live within the local area
What we’ll offer:
- Negotiable hourly rate
- Weekly ‘On call’ retainer and out of hours ‘Call Out’ rate of pay’.
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- A pension with employer contributions
- Full training and uniform
- Opportunity to work for a well-established family business based in Keighley