Our client based in Bradford is looking to recruit a Business Services Assistant on a full time, permanent basis.
Prime objectives of the post
• To provide a comprehensive administrative and financial support service for Logistics
• To contribute as a member of the Logistics staff team to the provision of a high quality, customer-orientated service in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
• To assist the effective operation of Logistics by ensuring the efficient running of all business systems
Supervision and guidance
• Responsible to the Procurement Liaison Officer who will set work priority guidelines, objectives and ensure appropriate development.
• The post holder will be expected to use their own judgement/initiative in planning and arranging own work and by referring more complex issues through line management.
Responsibility for assets, materials etc
The post holder will have access to confidential and sensitive information, but will have no direct responsibility for assets or materials.
• Check and authorise invoices from suppliers and service providers, and dispatch to Accounts Section for payment.
• Liaise with suppliers on product and price information.
• Assist with the compilation of specifications, contracts and quotations and progress contracts awaiting specification, complete and maintain a filing system for contracts, quotes, ordering and purchasing.
• Enter goods receipt information onto the purchase ordering system.
• Place orders for services and materials and record receipt of items. Liaise with other members of staff to ensure safe receipt. Update in-house systems for placed orders and due delivery dates.
• Liaise with site management and place orders for materials and services onto the purchase ordering system, including the correct coding of orders within the costing system.
• Investigate outstanding deliveries and dealing with suppliers to resolve and resolving differences with suppliers on delivered quantities and invoiced prices with raised orders; investigating and clearing old orders in order to keep the financial liability of Logistics correctly recorded
• Assist Management in maintaining detailed procedure records for the operational activities of the section and proposing system improvements.
• Assist the Warehouse and Distribution Manager in the analysis and management of their budgets, highlighting over/under spends and producing reports for the appropriate Manager(s).
• Prepare daily/weekly/monthly records of expenditure/income to date in respect of disrepair cases and the spending to date of each area.
• Review and monitor KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) in the Logistics Team and provide reports and performance figures as required.
Customer Services and administration:
• Assist in the process of dealing with Customer Complaints in accordance with the Customer Complaints Procedure and liaise with customers/tenants particularly those who are new to the Area and assist in eliminating any problems.
• Carry out administrative duties related to the provision of, word processing, minute taking, filing, telephone calls and contract administration duties.
• Attend and take minutes at Contract/Quote meetings and associated internal and external Logistics meetings.
• File and maintain records and minutes of meetings, technical specifications, surveys and other documents and records that support the efficient delivery of the service.
• Ensure that all incoming mail is acknowledged, distributed, recorded and undertake general correspondence including processing enquiries from clients and the general public.
• Collect, check and file flexi-sheets, and time sheets for the team and correctly code and record in the costing system. Record annual leave/sickness records, complete returns and highlight any discrepancies to relevant managers within Logistics.
• Provide general assistance in any research projects and help maintain an office library, which is to include technical, COSHH and specification details etc.
• Participate in the development and updating of computerised systems, particularly in relation to recording, updating and providing progress reports for ongoing and completed works and the provision of statistics/reports when required
• Record and monitor training records and personnel development plans for all staff and employees of Logistics.
• Maintain the office petty cash, postage stamps and records in respect of annual expenditure.
• Support the maintenance of office equipment, e.g. computers, photocopiers, stationary and order replacements.