Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit 2 x Assembly Fitters on a 9 Month contract.
General Description of the position:
Machine tool/mechanical engineer with experience in the precision build of mechanisms whilst maintaining a safe environment and focussed on the efficient build of our products. Emphasising on continual improvements within our processes using lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
Key duties include:
• Ability to build precision mechanisms to a high standard
• Liaise with other departments
• Assembling components/machines on time at the right quality and on budget
• Ensure that employee Health and Safety is maintained
• Any other reasonable tasks requested by the line manager or Directors
Key Skills and requirements:
• Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
• Understanding of 5s, 6 sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques (preferable)
• Understanding of precision assembly techniques
• Understanding of working with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
• Experience with SAP (preferable)
• Keen to develop in role
• Ability to take instruction and work independently to produce a result
• Ability to listen and ask questions when unsure
• High interest level in engineering and manufacturing
• Pays attention to detail
• Good communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Able to work to deadlines whilst working under pressure.
• Be driven through quality, efficiency and cost
• Flexible and adaptable
• Interested in learning and quick to learn