Our client based in Bradford is looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor on a full time, permanent basis.
Range of duties
• Contribute as a member of the Logistics Management Team in providing professional support, advice and guidance and to cover management absences as and when required.
• To enthuse, motivate and drive the effective and efficient warehouse operation and to perform regular inventory checks of the warehouse.
• Monitor KPIs
• Supervise Health & Safety
• To supervise the management of staff in the day to day running of the site operations.
• To drive and deliver excellence in both external and internal customer service by supplying “correct materials when and where the operative needs them”.
• Responsible for the efficient planning, organisation and use of resources to meet operational and financial performance targets.
• To develop, improve, and implement procedures and monitor stocks and supplies effectively and efficiently to ensure optimum utilisation, performance, service delivery and profitability.
• Use performance information to make informed decisions to streamline and improve the operation using systems-thinking principles.
• To uphold policies, procedure, probity and value for money regarding the sourcing of goods and materials within the Building Services function.
• To plan, organise and coordinate the pick and despatch of materials and supplies directly to operatives on-site, or arrange collection of materials / supplies from merchants as required.
• To provide guidance and technical advice on material stocks
• To maintain a comprehensive COSHH assessment file for all relevant items currently deployed from site held storage
• To monitor stock demand on existing stock and / or requests for direct purchases ensuring correct stock levels are maintained with adjustments to be managed as necessary.
• Liaise with merchants / suppliers / sub-contractors
• To attend Emergency Call Outs, on occasions, ensuring operational access to stores outside normal working hours.
• To attend seminars, training courses etc regarding new policies and methods to maintain assurity of new technology, developments and techniques, new materials, current Statutory Regulations and to provide technical / operational guidance to operatives and clients as appropriate.
• To assist in the development and implementation of the warehouse management system.
• To provide cover for FLT usage as required.
• To ensure all operational functions are undertaken in compliance with HASAWA
• To ensure Quality Assurance accreditation, policies and procedures are relevant, maintained, implemented and complied with.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to support a consistent approach to sourcing and using materials and services across the Group
• To act as a positive role model, lead by example and promote the values and behaviours.
• Implement ’ Human Resources policies and procedures regarding the management of staff and to act as investigating officer in disciplinary and employee complaint matters, and to participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in consultation with HR.
• To undertake any other duties as the role requires which are appropriate to the work of the warehouse functions and are commensurate with the responsibility and level of the post.
To apply for this position you must have experience of managing staff in a material management environment with a strong understanding of warehouse operations, inventory controls, and managing a distribution and despatch service. You must have Knowledge of health & safety and COSHH.