Rotherwood Teachers can find you day-to-day supply work, long-term temporary work or full-time permanent positions
All schools experience staff shortages at one time or another, so there is a constant demand for high-quality candidates. Rotherwood Teachers can find you day-to-day supply work, long-term temporary work such as covering maternity leave or long-term sickness, or full-time permanent positions. We place NQTs, experienced qualified teachers and classroom assistants.
Getting to know you is a key part of our approach, and this starts with an informal face-to-face interview lasting up to an hour.
In order to work for Rotherwood Teachers you will need to fulfil the following conditions – and bring the relevant original documents to the interview:
- Hold a relevant degree-level teaching qualification (or be in your final year of teacher training).
- If UK trained, have full registration with the General Teaching Council (or be in the process of registering with the GTC).
- Have had classroom-based teaching experience within the last 6 years.
- Have had classroom-based experience within the last 2 years.
- Provide relevant proof of identification (i.e. a passport) and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Undergo an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure check.
- Provide two work/educational references.
The benefits of being a supply teacher
- You can work when it suits you, and have greater scope to focus on teaching, rather than on paperwork or bureaucracy.
- It allows you to gain experience in a variety of school settings before taking up longer-term or permanent positions.
- It's also a great way to balance your work and home life.