- Rotherwood Recruitment is committed to protecting the rights of individuals to privacy with regard to the processing of personal data
- It is necessary for Rotherwood Recruitment to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of business operations
- Such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- If there is a query regarding the accuracy of your personal data then your query will be dealt with fairly and impartially
General Use of Personal Data
- Rotherwood Recruitment holds data on prospective, current and former candidates; prospective, current and former staff; and businesses interested in our services
- This data is held securely in electronic and/or as a paper record
- The processing of this data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998
- Personal data will only be used for the proper purposes of the employment business
- The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Access to your data will be restricted to those personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes
- Rotherwood Recruitment will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where there is a proper purposes related to business matters and with your knowledge.
The Eight Principles of Data Protection
- Process personal data fairly and lawfully
- Obtain personal data only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and to ensure that such data is not processed in a manner which is incompatible with the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained
- Ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose or purposes for which it is held
- Ensure that personal data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Ensure that personal data is not kept for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained
- Process personal data in accordance with the rights of the individuals to whom the information relates
- Ensure that personal data is kept secure
- Ensure that personal data is not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless the country to which the information is to be sent ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights (in relation to the information) of the individuals to whom the personal data relates.
Rotherwood Recruitment is registered as a Data Controller under the Act and will adhere to these principles and the guidelines set out by the Information Commissioner
Rotherwood Recruitment uses secure and confidential means of destroying data after the relevant holding period.
You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold about you. This right is the ‘right to subject access’ under the DPA. You are also entitled to be told where the information came from, what it is used for and if it is disclosed to anyone. There are some specific exceptions as set out in the Act; for example, we are allowed to refuse requests where releasing the information would prejudice the privacy rights of a third party.
You can contact us to request a copy of the information we hold. Requests can be made either in writing or by email to the address used for your job application.
We must be sure that we are releasing information to the right person. So you will be asked to supply information to prove your identity.